Saturday 28 December 2019

Reports of heckling, strangulating Priyanka are wrong: UP Police

Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh): Social media reports that police personnel heckled and strangulated Priyanka Gandhi Vadra are wrong, Uttar Pradesh police on Saturday said.

Lucknow Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Kalanidhi Naithini, in a letter, said: “Whatever rumours are doing rounds on social media of heckling and strangulating Priyanka Gandhi Vadra are wrong.”

He also added: “Today, morning area in charge, Dr Archana Singh has presented a report to Additional Superintendent where she has mentioned that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra’s car was not moving in the scheduled route rather a different route.”

Earlier today, Priyanka alleged that UP police stopped her, strangulated and manhandled while she was on her way to meet the family of former IPS officer SR Darapuri, who was arrested during anti-CAA protests.

“UP police stopped me while I was going to meet the family of Darapuriji. A policewoman strangulated and manhandled me. They surrounded me while I was going on a party worker’s two-wheeler, after which I walked to reach there,” she said.

Gandhi said she was walking after she was stopped by police and they again stopped her.

“I was walking (after the car was stopped). I was surrounded, strangulated. They pushed me..by a woman police person. I fell down. They stopped me and then I went on a scooter of a party worker,” the Congress leader said. (ANI)

The post Reports of heckling, strangulating Priyanka are wrong: UP Police appeared first on NewsroomPost.



from NewsroomPost https://ift.tt/2ZzC4Io

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rishabh Pant Becomes Fastest Indian Keeper to Reach 100 Test Dismissals

The young wicketkeeper took 26 matches to reach the feat while Dhoni and Saha had achieved the same in 36 Tests. from The Quint https://if...