New Delhi: International sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik paid tribute to Patel with sand art at Odisha’s Puri beach.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday dedicated the world’s tallest statue, the “Statue of Unity”, to the nation, at Kevadiya in Narmada district of Gujarat. The 182-metre statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was dedicated to the nation on his 143rd birth anniversary.
About Statue of Unity
- It is the world’s tallest statue
- Its height is 182 metres (597 ft)
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET) was established by the Government of Gujarat for its construction
- Initially the total cost of the project was estimated to be about ₹3,001 crore (US$420 million) by the GoI
- In October 2014, Larsen and Toubro won the contract for its lowest bid of ₹2,989 crore (US$420 million)
- The construction was started on 31 October 2013
- It is located facing the Narmada Dam
The post Sudarsan Pattnaik pays tribute to Patel with sand art at Odisha’s Puri beach appeared first on NewsroomPost.
from NewsroomPost https://ift.tt/2DdUyWu