Monday 27 April 2020

Mindy Kaling On Netflix Show Never Have I Ever: “Wanted To Show An Ambitious Nerd Who Wanted To Lose Her Virginity…”

Mindy Kaling’s new show Never Have I Ever has started streaming on Netflix. So far, the show has received a good response from the audience and critics. The coming of age dramedy stars Maitreyi Ramakrishnan in the lead role.

The lead of the show is a nerd but not the typical ones we have often seen on TV shows and movies. About the same, The Office actress told NPR, “There’s also the belligerent, confident nerd, and they want big things for themselves. I wanted to show an ambitious nerd … [who] wanted to lose her virginity, wanted to be cool, go to concerts.”

Mindy Kaling On Her Netflix Show Never Have I Ever: "Wanted To Show An Ambition Nerd Who Wanted To Loser Her Virginity..."
Mindy Kaling On Her Netflix Show Never Have I Ever: “Wanted To Show An Ambitious Nerd Who Wanted To Lose Her Virginity…”

The story of the show is based on a character name Devi, a 15-year-old Indian girl. Devi is one of the top students in her school, she’s nerdy and unpopular but she isn’t boring as nerds are usually depicted. Our lead in Never Have I Ever is quite vocal and ready to do anything that a teenager of her age would do.

About being the writer of the show herself, The Office actress further added, “Like a lot of comedy writers, I think of my adolescence and childhood as incredibly embarrassing. I thought it would honestly be too painful and embarrassing to relive those experiences.”

Mindy Kaling added, “It ended up being very cathartic, actually. It made me feel that all the stuff I was going through as a teenager, I was not alone.”

Have you watched the show? Let us know your thoughts on it in the comments below.

The post Mindy Kaling On Netflix Show Never Have I Ever: “Wanted To Show An Ambitious Nerd Who Wanted To Lose Her Virginity…” appeared first on Koimoi.



from Koimoi https://ift.tt/3cL1zf4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rishabh Pant Becomes Fastest Indian Keeper to Reach 100 Test Dismissals

The young wicketkeeper took 26 matches to reach the feat while Dhoni and Saha had achieved the same in 36 Tests. from The Quint https://if...