Saturday 18 August 2018

Working as a casting executive was equivalent to going to any film school: Bhumi Pednekar

Bhumi Pednekar, who will be seen in Karan Johar’s Takht says working as a casting executive was equivalent to going to any film school.

Bhumi interacted with media after being announced as the brand ambassador of Raisin Global, a contemporary fusion wear brand for women.

Bhumi The lust stories actress before making it as an actress, worked as a casting executive for Yash Raj films . Asked whether her working as casting executive helped learn the industry tricks she said: “Definitely. It benefited me a lot in my acting because I feel my experience working as casting executive was equivalent to going to any film school.

“I worked with different directors where I used to conduct auditions of different actors, so I got fair amount of idea about what is required and what is not required to be an actor. I was enacting film scenes for 3 years of my life working as casting executive.”

Asked when she realized that she is now a star, given that since debut with ‘Dum Laga ke Haisha’ she has been creating box office hits, she said it hasn’t hit her yet and hopes never will.

“Honestly, nothing has hit me yet and I really hope it never does. I am an actor first and I have gotten all the love because of my performances. I think Stardom is a very passe concept. Today you need to be a good actor and a responsible person to flourish and that what I am trying to do.”

Takht is said to revolve around the battle for the throne of the Mughal empire. The film is  is primarily a story of two brothers Vicky Kaushal and Ranveer Singh while Kareena will be seen as Ranveer sister, Alia Bhatt will play Ranveer’s love interest.

Directed by Karan Johar, the film stars Bhumi Pednekar, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Vicky Kaushal, Anil Kapoor, and Janhvi Kapoor among others.

Takht is scheduled for a 2020 release.



from Bollywood Galiyara https://ift.tt/2vNwRyT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rishabh Pant Becomes Fastest Indian Keeper to Reach 100 Test Dismissals

The young wicketkeeper took 26 matches to reach the feat while Dhoni and Saha had achieved the same in 36 Tests. from The Quint https://if...